The link to my project.
Iron Violet is an ongoing manga-styled superhero webcomic that I have been posting for 2 years now. We're currently half-way into Issue 5, and sadly (due to personal reasons) my main artist for the comic was forced to leave, leaving me in a bit of a bind. I am in immediate need of a new COMMITTED manga artist to pick up where he left off.
Iron Violet tells the story of a shy and demure young woman who develops superpowers and attempts to protect her city from an onslaught of supercrime while developing the self-confidence that has escaped her for most of her life, all the while trying to unravel the dark mystery behind her powers.
It is an action-packed, but also character driven comic with super-human battles, cute, silly moments between the characters, and serious, drama-laden moments, and I require an artist who can capture that feeling.
The job will be a long-term project, with payment starting at $40 per page for LINE ART ONLY (I will be handling the colors and lettering), the price can be negotiated later depending on how well the comic's Patreon is doing, but until that time the $40 per page price is NON NEGOTIABLE.
Below are examples from the previous artist (and some from the artist before him) to give you a feel for the story and characters, and what kind of art style I'm looking for.ironvioletcomic.com/?comic=iss…ironvioletcomic.com/?comic=iss…ironvioletcomic.com/?comic=iss…ironvioletcomic.com/?comic=iss…ironvioletcomic.com/?comic=iss…ironvioletcomic.com/?comic=iss…
These are the requirements I am looking for:
1. Must have a very defined manga/anime art style that will fit with the story (cute girls and lots of action and drama) Please note (as this is not my first time finding a new artist for the series) that I am looking SPECIFICALLY for a manga/anime art style that would fit a modern shonen manga or present day tv anime (examples being My Hero Academia, Shoukougeki No Soma, Macross Delta, etc)
Please also note that I am not looking for these specific art styles or super level of quality, but I am looking for an art style that would match series such as these.
2. Must be competent with fight scenes, action, and drawing weapons and backgrounds.
3. All serious applicants MUST HAVE actual comic/manga page examples in their links or portfolios. Any applicants without examples of their sequential art skills will be ignored.
4. Must be able and willing to get high-resolution pages to me in a timely fashion to keep up with the webcomic's schedule.
5. Artists using Clip Studio are preferred but it will not be a deal-breaker if you use Photoshop or the like. (I color with Clip Studio so already having a Clip Studio File would help me greatly)
6. Must be in a place in their life where they can work on this project seriously and not cause delays or sudden departures mid-issue. This is a rather serious one for me as I have had 3 artists since the book started and have had to deal with the nightmare of finding a new artist mid-issue twice due to personal matters in their lives forcing them to leave the book.
It has become a rather problematic and recurring issue that I really wish to avoid going forward so PLEASE be honest with me and communicate with me if there will be possible issues in your life that could hinder the book so that I can possibly help you with them, and in turn make sure Iron Violet doesn't suffer any more crippling delays or hiatuses.
All those interested, please note me or comment down below to links to your portfolios and comic/manga examples for me to review. Thank you very much to all those interested.